HAFA Short Sales continue to grow. Become a Certified HAFA Specialist!
The housing market crisis has changed the role of real estate professionals. As homeowners turn to HAFA short sales as a viable option to avoid foreclosures, it is vital to your real estate business to know and understand short sales.
And now that the Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA) program has been officially extended until December 31, 2013, it is a great time to become a Certified HAFA Specialist!
As a real estate professional, it is important to learn HAFA short sales because they are the only standardized short sale program adopted by multiple national lenders and servicers including Fannie Mae and the Freddie Mac. When you become a Certified HAFA Specialist, you become a trusted resource in your community. Provide homeowners with the expertise, knowledge, and guidance they’re looking for to avoid foreclosure and understand their options.
As homeowners face the possibility of losing their homes, give them the confidence they have the most qualified consultant to handle their distressed property: you!
What you’ll learn
This training program provides real estate professionals with the knowledge and tools they need to master the HAFA short sale program.
- Learn what HAFA is and who it affects
- Learn HAFA eligibility criteria
- Learn the updated guidelines expanded to include eligibility to a larger population of homeowners, including:
- Making Home Affordable Programs extended to December 31, 2013
- Now includes rental properties for HAMP and HAFA
- Updated forms – Short Sale Notice (SSN) and Acknowledgement of Request for Short Sale (ARSS). Note SSA, RASS and Alternative RASS are no longer being used
- Increase in gross proceeds available for ‘subordinate mortgage lien’ payment
- ‘Subordinate non-mortgage lien’ payment – HOA fees, utility liens, Mechanic’s Liens and others
- Tenant incentives
- Credit bureau reporting update
- Understand how HAFA works with the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP)
- Learn how investors and the HAFA transaction work
- Understand the responsibilities of Sellers (Distressed Borrowers), Real Estate Professionals, and Servicers under HAFA
- Learn how to target HAFA short sales through a simplified eligibility evaluation
- Understand how to convert currently listed or submitted short sales to HAFA transactions
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Short Sale Updates Effective March 1, 2013
- Eligibility now includes investment and vacant properties
- Borrowers can be current
- Properties can be listed prior to approval
- Additional benefits for Servicemembers
- Change in subordinate lien payment
- Less documentation for qualified borrowers
- Shortened response time from servicers
- And more
Why you’ll benefit
- Learn From An Expert: Receive quality instruction from a leading HAFA advocate who understands the mortgage industry.
- Grow Your Business: When you become a more effective short sale consultant, you gain valuable clients, maintain lifelong relationships, and receive referrals.
- Become a Trusted Resource in Your Community: Educate consumers and distressed homeowners about their options
- Protect Your Commission: HAFA can help you make more money as your commission is protected.
To obtain your Certified HAFA Specialist (CHS) Certification, you must attend the live lecture seminar and successfully pass the online exam. You will have access to the exam and resource materials in your student account for 1 year (from date of purchase).
Continuing Education (CE) Credits: This course is currently not available for CE Credit
Refund/Cancellation Policy: In the event you are unable to attend a course and are requesting a refund, you must notify TrainingHaus within 72 hours or more of the scheduled course date. If you are unable to cancel within this time frame, the class fees will be applied to a future class. You can email your cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS PRODUCT OR SERVICE HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED OR ENDORSED BY ANY GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY, AND THIS OFFER IS NOT BEING MADE BY AN AGENCY OF THE GOVERNMENT.